Made With Love


This is a valentine cookie that Claire and her mommy made for me at their MOPS activity the Tuesday before Valentine's Day. As they were getting ready to decorate the cookies Claire, my 21 month old daughter, told her mommy she wanted to make one for DaDa. I realize as nice as it turned out that mommy must have done most of the decorating herself so I deeply appreciate both of them making this special cookie just for me.

After they gave it to me I couldn't bring myself to eat it because I loved it so much. Every day I looked at it and was mindful of the fact that this heart shaped cookie was an expression of their love for me. They are both the loves of my life. I am so blessed to have Kim as my wife and Claire as my daughter! How blessed can a man be?

Comments

Kimberly said…
This is so sweet! I read all about the cookie making on Kim's blog. How precious that you did not eat it!

I enjoy hearing about your family. It's great to hear about life from a man's perspective. Almost all the other blogs I read are written by women.
Kim said…
I am glad you finally updated your blog with something personal!

We are blessed to have you. I love you very much.
Jennifer said…
It is so great to watch you and Kim as parents! I think both of you are doing a great job at blogging and Claire will have so many memories to look back on because of what you have done. Jeremy and I love you as family but we also love you as our Pastor. We look forward to what God has for you and our church in the future.
Heather said…
My boys did one for Wes too.I must say your cookie looks more like a cookie, Wes' looked more like a ball of icing.
Angie Tullock said…
Its nice to hear you talk about the love you have for your family. You are a wonderful Pastor. Jimmy and I appreciate your friendship more than you will ever know and your family is such a blessing and encouragement to us. We pray for your family daily and look forward to what the Lord has planned for your lives. Claire is a sweetie!
Pam said…
That was a fun playdate. I think Claire had as much fun eating the toppings as actually decorating the cookie!

Popular Posts