Can You Believe It?


This is Claire's 1st birthday picture. It seems like only a few months ago that we celebrated this milestone. It is impossible to believe that Saturday will be her 2nd birthday.

I have been a blessed man throughout these soon to be 45 years. God has been so good to me. Two of my greatest blessings God has given me are my wonderful wife and daughter. They have brought so much joy to my life.

Kim and I have shared over 15 years together and every year gets better. I hope the Lord gives us many more years to enjoy this life together. She is my best friend, a wonderful wife and faithful co-laborer in the work of God.

Claire came into our home when she was just 10 days old and since that day our lives have never been the same. I could have never imagined how wonderful it would be to be her father. She brings such joy to my life. One of the many things I enjoy is hearing her sing and she loves to sing. One of my favorite childhood songs is "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam to shine for him each day." Claire loves this song as well and sings it often. Little does she know that every day she is a sunbeam for Jesus in my life. I only hope and pray that I can be a sunbeam for Jesus in her life. While it is only natural for me to want her to love me it is more important to me that she loves Jesus more. By God's grace and with the help of His Holy Spirit I desire to be that sunbeams that encourages her to love God with all her heart, soul and might.

Today we will be begin to celebrate Claire's 2nd birthday week. In reality it seems like everyday since she became our daughter has been a celebration!

Comments

Diane Teague said…
What a joy she has been in the lives of so many peolpe. It is hard to share her but I know many many people prayed for her years before when only God knew of her existance.I praise Him for bringing her into my life and for your willingness to share her with me.

I also want her to serve Him like you pray "enthusiastically".

Popular Posts