These Are My Girls - I Am Blessed!


The last few weeks have been busy and hectic. I have wanted to post but have had neither the time nor the physical or mental energy to do so. Since I have not posted anything for a number of days I decided to share a few personal comments about the two most precious people in my life - my wife, Kim and my daughter, Claire.

Almost 15 years ago I married a wonderful lady who has been an awesome wife. I love her more than I could ever express in words and often fall so short in expressing it in deeds. She is not only my companion in this life, but she is my best friend as well. She was exactly who God knew that I needed and she is all I want. One of the many qualities that caused me to fall in love with Kim is her love for people. She is one of the most thoughtful, caring, consideration and giving people I have ever known. I am so fortunate that she choose me to be husband.

She is also a great mother for Claire. She gives so much of herself in order to do everything a mother could possible do for her child. Everyday is filled with a whirlwind of activities at home and around the community to help Clarie develop spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. Kim has provided for Claire all the love and care any child has ever been fortunate enough to experience.

Almost 18 months ago God brought Claire into our lives. Sometime soon I will post the story about how we became her parents for the benefit of any readers who may not know about it. It was a marvelous work of God that brought her to us ten days after she was born. I find myself looking at her every day with amazement that she is my daughter and I am her "Da." Just a little while ago I looked into her bedroom and again thanked the Lord for this precious little Japanese baby girl that has filled our hearts and home with so much joy. She has taught me so much about God, love and life in general. I often think if I ever wrote a book that the content of the book would be on "Lessons I Learned From Claire" or "Lessons A Dad Learned From His Daughter." Sometime soon I want to begin complying a list of those lessons. I will mention three now:

1) I know now with my heart and not just my head the significance of the Bible doctrine of adoption. God's heart grieved for me to be His child before I was saved. After I trusted in Christ as my Saviour the heart of God was filled with joy when He accepted me into his family, declared I was His Son, and He became my Father.

2) I know now just how much my earthly father loved me. I regret that he didn't live long enough to meet my daughter and for me to tell him I understood what I couldn't understand before I became a father. I know my father loved me, but did not know until becoming a father just how great a father's love is for his child.

3) I know now that a few of the greatest experiences in life are hearing my daughter call me "Da," seeing her smile as she lifts her arms waiting for me to pick her up, having her lay her head on my shoulder, praying with her before I kiss her and she kisses me good night...this list could go on and on and one.

I am blessed indeed! I am so thankful to God for Kim and Claire. Please pray for me that I will be the husband and father that they deserve.

Comments

Austin Mccann said…
I love hearing you talk so much about your wife and daughter. I hope that someday I can be a good husband and father like you are pastor! Pray for me cause I'm having trouble dealing with everything that is going on right now in the youth ministry. I feel like with Jeremy leaving, a big chunck of my is gone because I have learned so much from him and by just being so involved in the youth ministry I have learned so much practical stuff that I will use one day when I am a youth pastor!
Pam said…
Aw, that is so sweet. I read many, many "mommy blogs," but it is refreshing to read a "daddy blog," about the love you have for your wife and daughter. Love the picture!
KyleAmandaLogan said…
Thank you for bringing the tears to my eyes. I love hearing you talk about "your girls" and how much they mean to you. I love the story of Claire and I love to hear about all the joy that she brings. Thank you for being a loving father, husband, pastor and friend. You are a wonderful example to many.

We love you,
Amanda Phelps
Heather said…
That is such a good picture of ya'll! This was a great post. It is good for our congregation to see the husband/father side of you as well. Sometimes its hard to see you past being our Pastor.
Anonymous said…
You do have 2 wonderful girls! Kim has been a blessing in my life as I was growing up and Claire's life story is precious. I so enjoyed meeting her a few months ago. God's gifts are amazing!! More than we can imagine...

Rachel Ward
Kimberly said…
Love this post! I agree with Pam. We definitely need more blogs from fathers. Us mommies can go on and on about our families. It's sweet to see a father's side of things, not to mention a man who will share his feelings.

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us!

Popular Posts