Thank God For Willing Christian Servants!

Dear Church Family,

I am sitting in my home study reviewing the sermon I have prepared to preach in the morning and just feel compelled to take a few minutes to share what is on my heart. Today our wonderful Church family hosted a community-wide Family Fun Festival between 4:00 and 8:00 pm. We had approximately 1750 people attend. We were able to get registrations from 1470 people who came through the main gate but I was given the estimate that around 300 had entered at other places and others arrived before we began registering. Last year we had around 1500 and the crowd was noticeably larger this year.

It is important for me to express the deep appreciation that I have in my heart for the wonderful people that I have the privilege of serving at Union Grove. They always go above and beyond in every endeavor we take on as a church family. Today was no exception. What a blessing it was to see so many serving the Lord with joyful attitudes. It has been said that in the average church that 90% of the church lets the other 10% do all of the work. At Union Grove we are blessed to have many willing workers for the Lord. So many do so much for God's glory. Kim and I were talking as we were coming home tonight about how hard so many people worked again today to make the Family Fun Festival possible. I know God is pleased. It is very important to me that those who so faithfully give of their time, talents and treasures to do God's work through Union Grove Baptist Church know how much I appreciate all you do as well.

Next Sunday, September 14 will be the seven year anniversary of the day that I preached my final sermon as pastor of Antioch Baptist Church on Sunday morning and preached on Sunday night at Union Grove Baptist Church. The 6 1/2 years I spent at Antioch will always be special to Kim and I. They were wonderful years as we established so many lasting relationships and watched God bountifully bless that congregation. These last seven years have been equally wonderful. God has been so good! The people of Union Grove have loving followed my pastoral leadership as I have sought the Lord's direction. It is a blessing when a pastor and people can pursue God's will and accomplish God's work together. I know God has great things in store for us in the days ahead!

I am preaching the final sermon from the series "Better Together" tomorrow morning. What I originally thought would be a short series of about two messages has become a series made up of several messages. It has been a good reminder for me, and I trust for many others, about how God intended for believers to realize that we need each other and for us to function as one!

Remember - You Are Loved!
Pastor Ken

Comments

Annette said…
Preacher Our family enjoys the Family Fun Festival soo much. I persoanlly love helping out and watching all the childrens happy faces. It is great to be part of such a loving, serving, and active church!
Pam said…
It is an HONOR to serve the Lord, and the absolute LEAST I can do for Him who has done so much for me. I know my kids had a blast, and Joshua wanted to take the train home with him!

Popular Posts