Christmas Is Almost Over But Christ Has Given Us So Many Reasons To Celebrate Every Day Of The Year!

It is now 10:00 PM and Christmas 2008 will soon be history. I stayed home all day due to my strep throat but it has been a good day. I did really miss going to our family Christmas gatherings, especially since I could not be with Kim and Claire at her family gathering.

This morning my mother and Kim's parents came to the house at 8:30 am to watch Claire open her presents. My mother said the risk of catching strep throat was worth it to see Claire and to share this experience with her. It was a great experience to see her open her presents with excitement. I am glad that Mom, Don and Diane were able to share this time with Kim and I.

Around 11:30 am Kim and Claire left to go to her extended Teague family Christmas gathering. Kim invited my mother to go along. While they were gone I worked on my sermon for Sunday morning and rested a little. I really enjoyed studying Isaiah 55. If God so directs I plan to preach from this passage in the morning services this Sunday. God's Word is so powerful and encouraging.

Kim and Claire arrived home around 4:00 pm and the three of us have spent the rest of the day together. I cooked one of Kim's favorites wintertime meals for supper - chicken stew.

I had not been able to hold Claire since Tuesday afternoon. It was hard to resist her request to hold her the last few days. Tonight since I have been on antibiotics since yesterday morning I decided it would be safe to do so. What a Christmas treat! While I sat there holding Claire and looking over at Kim I could not help but think about how good God has been to me. Not only has He given me the greatest gift, His Son which made possible my salvation, but He has abundantly blessed me with a family that I love and cherish.

Jesus said that He would give us His joy so that our joy could be full. I believe these two precious gifts are a big part of the fullness of my joy because they both bring so much joy to my heart.

As Christmas 2008 comes to an end I can say it has been a good Christmas. Maybe it didn't go as I had planned, but God doesn't make mistakes.

Before I get ready for bed and bring an end to this day I want to thank God for all of His manifold gifts! Thank you for saving my soul, for giving me life, life abundant and the promise of eternal life. Thank you also God for my wonderful wife and daughter. I am blessed indeed! Happy Birthday Jesus!

P.S. - Praise the Lord that I am also beginning to feel much better!

Comments

Susan said…
Thank you so much for sharing this dear letter that you have written to Claire. You are such an example for other young couples. Please continue to help guide those with young children. I can assure you that the time passes way too fast and you will soon have an empty nest just as we do.

Popular Posts