From The Pastor's Heart - October 5, 2008

Dear Church Family and Friends,
Thanks for Praying!
Thanks for praying for the revival services this week at Cornatzer Baptist Church. It was a blessing to be with Jeff & Wendy Beverly and their church family. These wonderful people were so attentive and receptive to God’s Word and many decision were made each night.

God is using Jeff as the new pastor of the church and he and the church are excited about the opportunity God has given them to serve the Lord together. I am looking forward to hearing the good reports of God's blessings on this young pastor, his family, and the church.

...Looking Back
Sunday is Homecoming Sunday and we will be celebrating the 62 years of fruitful ministry that God has given Union Grove Baptist Church. God has been so good to us. How appropriate it is that we give praise to God by joining together to celebrate who He is and all that He has done at this special place. We will be remembering during the 11:00 AM Worship Service our fellow members who have gone to be with the Lord. I trust that you will join us at 5:00 for the Homecoming Meal and then for the music service to follow. This will be a great time of food, fellowship and God-honoring music featuring many of our members who regularly provide special music. We are blessed to have so many gifted people in our church family.

Looking Forward...
Finally I want to say a word about the last three months of the year of 2008! October, November, and December, will be a three month period of great opportunity for us at Union Grove Baptist Church! I have prayed this year that God would give us the greatest year ever, and so far I can see that God is doing a great work among us. Yet, I feel the best is yet to come. I am asking for a renewed faithfulness of each member in all that we are doing as a church to reach more souls for salvation, to teach more people the Word of God, and to see the power of God demonstrated in a special way during this three month period. I thank you for your faithfulness and determination to be the kind of church that would please the Lord in the day in which we live.

You are loved,
Pastor Ken

Comments

Austin Mccann said…
I hate that I will have to miss Homecoming tomorrow night. I will be preaching at Goldflose Baptist Church tomorrow night so I am very excited about this opportunity! Pray for me that I will share the message that God has laid on my heart!
Pam said…
Homecoming was wonderful! I think that we should have a song service more often! What a blessing!

BTW, your "profile" is much better! :)

Popular Posts