Veteran’s Day: Thank You Veterans!
























This is a picture of my late father, Kenneth W. Harris, who passed away in September of 2005. Dad served in the Marines for six years and was deployed during the Korean Conflict. He was proud of having served in the Marine Corps and often repeated "Once a Marine, always a Marine." I am proud of him for many reasons including his love for God, the USA and his military service for his country. I just hope that I will give my daugter, Claire, as many reason be to be proud of me.

On this Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2008, I want to say thank you to all those who have served our country in the military for the cause of freedom in this great nation. From the beginning of our birth as a nation in 1776 to the current wars raging in the world today, men and women who have and are serving in the military should be respected and appreciated for their devotion and service.

To our veterans I say thank you for all you have done for us. To those currently serving I offer by thanks and my prayers for you and your families as well. You are true American heroes! May God's richest blessings be yours!

To watch the videos below you will need to pause my playlist player first. I hope you will enjoy watching these tributes.




Comments

Diane Teague said…
Thank you for these posts. May we never for get that our freedom comes with a price. Thank you to those who serve and protect and to those who gave the ultimate price. I hope you won't mind if I mention a special friend who gave the ultimate. Gary Gray Throckmorton. 12/23/1947 - 11/25/1968 May we never forget.
Kim said…
What a special post, such an honor to your Dad. I know how much you miss him. He would be honored that you remembered him. He was very proud of you.

I love you,
Kim
Angie Tullock said…
Pastor. What a special honor to read your post. How priviledged we are to live in the USA. We should never forget to pray for those in the military who are serving to maintain our freedom!

Popular Posts